Tuesday 28 December 2010

December has flown by and with it Christmas.

It was a very quiet affair this year, but we were prepared with a 24lb turkey courtesy of Lydia Harvey of Slinghorn.  Sheila had been watching Jamies Christmas preparations of the TV - I adapted one of his recipes and prepared a herb butter which I clarted between the meat and the skin.  I don't think it really needed much enhancement - but it didn't do it any harm.
Just one heifer calf this month - and I have named her Colleen - born on 12 December.
What a lot of snow we've had this December. 
This morning was so dark - mainly because the snow has cleared away and the moon has waned - so much less light. 
Rennovations are going slowly at the house - the fireplace has been done, and Wallace is up today doing painting and decorating. 
I had been hoping we would have been in for the New Year but its not to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment